AP Courses Offered at GPA
The following is a list of current and previously offered AP courses at GPA. Current courses are denoted in bold.
- AP Biology
- AP Calculus AB
- AP Calculus (Online)
- AP Chemistry
- AP Computer Science A
- AP Economics
- AP Environmental Science
- AP History
- AP Literature
- AP Macroeconomics
- AP Physics
Advanced Placement Policy
In order for a GPA student to qualify for an AP course, he or she must follow these guidelines.
- A non-ESL student in 11th or 12th grade.
- Two Global Prodigy Academy (GPA) high school teacher recommendations, one teacher from the curriculum subject and one teacher from outside the curriculum subject.
Teachers must be present on current staff roster.
- A grade of 85% or higher in all classes, except for the class for the desired AP course (see below #4), from the previous school year.
- Write and submit a
hand-written, 3-paragraph essay.
- Questions and content will change and remain secret to prevent outside preparation.
- Proctored by the principal or counselor.
- To earn the 5.0 grade point average scale, the student must take the College Board AP exam in May, and earn a 2-5 on the exam.
- Meeting with student’s parents to discuss obligations and ramifications of an AP course.
- Final approval from school principal/counselor
- All steps must be accomplished by the end of the term before the year of AP course study.
- Students who were approved do not have to endure this process a second time; however, AP study may be revoked due to poor academic performance.